Monday, May 12, 2008

Catch Up

Well, we are finally back in touch with real life. We got our internet and telephone hooked up today. It's amazing how out of touch we've felt. It was a process of trial and error to find someone who could provide service to our new house. Apparently there are some very tall trees across the way from us that block any good signal. At least they're beautiful trees and we do have service now. YEAH!!!

Our new home is beautiful and we love being in our own place again. It was like Christmas to see some of our things again. We miss seeing Grandma and Grandpa more, but we visit a lot. Jack especially misses them. This is the first time he's had to live with only Mom and Dad. We do our best to be entertaining.

We started Jack on solid foods a couple of weeks ago. As you can see from the pictures, he's enjoying it very much. Sweet potatoes were a hit and he loves squash. He tolerates oatmeal. He thinks he is a big boy and wants to help shovel food in his mouth as fast as we can make it go.

As you can see, Jack also likes to wipe his own face with his bib.....whether his mouth is full or not. This was a particularly messy day.....I guess the bib is correct and he's my cute little monster!

A much tamer day, but you can still see how proud he is of himself. He's our big boy!
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for our little man with his fall. He is taking his sweet time completely recovering, but he is definitely doing much better. His neck is getting stronger day by day, and he can handle most things now. He has a hard time lifting his head up when it falls backward. At least he's not in visible pain anymore. We are very blessed!
Mother's Day was very nice. Bryan and Jack made me a very cute card with Jack's footprints and handprints. They made us a nice lunch, and we had good visits with lots of family. The only downside was that I got my very first ticket of my life.....on Mother's Day of all things! I really thought the cop would be a little generous, but nope. Bryan and I took Alexa, McKoy, and Jack to visit my grandparents. We were running late getting home, and I got in too much of a hurry, and honestly didn't even know the speed limit. 55 in a 40! OOps! McKoy was a bit worried....he really thought if there was a cop, someone was going to jail. Alexa was a bit worried that I had to go to court, and that couldn't be good. They're quite the blabber mouths, so I'm sure that anyone in town now knows that Aunt Jen got a ticket. For me, I considered it a cummulative ticket for nearly 21 years of driving. Heaven knows I have had a bit of a lead foot for years. If I didn't deserve this one, I certainly deserved a couple of others.
We'll send out our new contact info via email, so be on the lookout. Always know that we'd love to have any of you here for a visit!

5 comments:

Brooke Allison said...

Jack is getting so big. That's so exciting that you guys have moved into your new house. We will have to come and vist some time. Sorry you got a ticket on mothers day that's not fun. what a mean cop.

s.s parker said...

that is one cute little peanut!! love the new house! congrats, that's always fun! ..what's up speed racer!! i can't believe that's your first ticket! that cop must of had a mean mother and a terrible childhood that's why he didn't cut you any slack! LOL :)

Pyatt said...

So excited that you are in your new digs!! I'm sure it feels fun to have your own space now.. I'm glad to hear that Jack is feeling better too...anyway--Love your blog!

Pyatt said...

So excited that you are in your new digs!! I'm sure it feels fun to have your own space now.. I'm glad to hear that Jack is feeling better too...anyway--Love your blog!

Kim said...

I'm jealous you are in your house now....someday we'll get there! Isaac just had his first experience with food, if you can call rice cereal food, yesterday. He loved it!!
Anyway....tag....(Check my blog.)