Our big boy turned 2 years old on Christmas Eve. We had a fun party a week earlier. He needed just a little more space between his big day and Christmas. We had a little family party at Nama and Grandpa's house. I'll post more pics of the big event later. We went to his 2 year old doctor appointment today. He is 36.25 inches tall, and 31 lbs, 6oz. That puts him in the 91st percentile for height, and the 99th percentile for weight. The doctor asked if he towered over everyone in nursery - mostly. He's the same size as most of the three year olds. :)
I'll also post Christmas pics soon. Jackson had a really fun time, and loved opening presents. His favorites are his trampoline from Grandma and Grandpa Parker, his rocking horse from Grandma and Grandpa Christensen, and his little toy animals from Mom and Dad. Who knew that little animals could provide for such entertainment - $12 well spent!
We love our little guy so much. Christmas was even sweeter with him to celebrate with us - and start to understand what is really happening. One of his birthday gifts was the Little People Nativity Set. He tried very hard to understand the story, and what each little character played. Sometimes he did better than others.
He is getting so good at lots of things - he can count to 20, he names all of his family members - including the ones far away, he loves to sing songs - especially, three little ducks, wheels on the bus, monkeys in the tree, itsy bitsy spider, and twinkle twinkle little star. Jack is getting better at his bedtime routine, and knows that it's tubby time, brushes teeth, reads stories, and lights out. He's good at reminding us if we miss anything. Jack is good at saying please and thank you. He also tattles on himself when he needs to and gives himself "time out" and frequently says "sorry". He is really into squeezes, smoochies, and nose kisses. He loves being at Grandma and Grandpa's house - so much that he rarely likes to leave to go home. He starts every morning with Mom or Dad saying "Good morning, Sunshine!", and if we forget, he yells himself "Sunshine!".
We couldn't be happier to have "Jakon" in our family. Now, if we could just figure out how to get time to go a little slower.
4 comments:
I hear ya sister! I wish time would slow down a bit. He is a cutie and I can't believe he's two either!! Cute pictures!
Yea!!! I found a new blog to stalk...
mine is: chrisandkathyhurst.blogspot.com
That is so precious! I can't believe he's two and he's already so stinkin' smart. Love that Jackson!
Okay, I completely forgot to add you girl! My blog is now private! Can you please email me your address so I can add you! benandstef@cox.net. Thanks~!
Post a Comment