Sunday, February 8, 2009

While Mom's Away.....The Boys Will Play!

As I drove into the driveway one day this week, this is exactly where I found Jack and Bryan. The weather is beginning to get warmer and the days are getting longer, so it was nice enough to be playing outside.
They found the neighbor's Princess car, and Jack thought it was wonderful. The battery wasn't even charged, but sitting in it was enough to make this boy happy.

We are beginning to think that Jack was meant to be outside. He wants to be outside every single chance he gets. If someone rings the doorbell, Jack will run to the door, just because he knows it's his chance for escape. He'll slide right by before anyone notices.
A little closer look, and you can see his Rudolph-like nose. Earlier in the day, he took a nose dive on the asphalt. It seems that one of his favorite places to play is in the middle of the street. Lucky for us all, we live on a very calm cul-de-sac, with not a lot of traffic.

Here's Daddy chasing him one more time into the street. Jack is quickly going to be running faster than either of us. He sure gets determined about what he wants.

One of his favorites lately is to play in the back of the truck. He loves to play drums on the toolbox.

Actually, he likes to play drums anywhere.
In other news, Bryan sliced his head open at work. It required a trip to Work Med, and 8 staples. We think the worst part for him was that he couldn't wash his hair for a week. He's on the mend now.

4 comments:

Pyatt said...

He's growing up...Mackenzie loves to be outside too...wish we were closer for a play date!! Glad Bryan's head is going to be okay..that looks like it hurt!

Laura C said...

Jack is just the cutest thing, even with his little red nose. I am telling you Andy and Jack would love each other. Andy loves to be outside as well. We have a new swing for him in the front yard, and he thinks it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He will swing for hours. I am glad that Bryan is ok...it looks like it really hurts. I would hate to not wash my hair for a week. I would have to find a way around that. Well I hope the boys feel better soon. I can't wait to hear how things are going :)

Barlow Family said...

Little boys love to be outside, don't they? Sorry about what happened to Bryan's head! Looks painful. :( The kids miss Jack lots and love to see new pictures so keep them comin'!

Blackson family said...

Cute pictures of Jack. He is all grown up! I love your blog. What happened with Bryan's head, at work non-less? Blogs and FB are so much fun.