Saturday, March 14, 2009

We have a Prankster on our hands!

Jackson had his first run-in with the police last night. He was oh so innocently playing with the phone when there was a knock on the door. The kind officer notified us that there was a 911 call that came from our home. Then he spied Jack and found his culprit. Jack was only upset that we had to take the phone away from him.


Jackson and Daddy have been very busy while Mom has been at work. I have tried to tell Bryan that he needs to take lots of pictures since I'm not home to see everything. I found a few worth sharing on the camara today. We got new pots and pans not too long ago and they came with some little cardboard rings that are Jack's hats. He loves to run through the house with his hats.

Daddy decided that he needed to be an official king, so he covered one of the hats in tin foil and wrote his name on it.

I'm not sure that Jack loved the new "sparkle", but at least he has some variety in his hats now.

Bryan had this shirt that was his when he was a little boy. There's even a picture of him in this shirt on the wall at his parent's house. I guess the time had come for Jack to look even more like his daddy and try it on. Not sure that Jack likes the "sailor" style, but he tolerated it for his daddy.
I'm not sure what happened prior to this picture, but I can tell that Jack had been crying. I guess Daddy thought that a Chocolate Sprinkle Doughnut would make it feel better, thus, that is what Jack got.
Here's the busy little guy ready to leave for church. Our schedule is so difficult right now because we meet from 11 - 2. It's the worst possible time for lunch and naps, so Jack is typically a basket case by the time we get home. He is also the complete center of attention when he comes to Mom's primary class, so we try not to do that. Jack usually goes home with Grandma and Grandpa right after Sacrament Meeting. They meet right before us, so they're going home for lunch and naps anyway. We realized that we only have 3 more months until Nursery, so we can't wait!!!
Here's Jack's new ride. He loves his new bike trailer/jogging stroller. I'm actually not sure if Jack or Bryan loves it more. It sure does make for some nice bike rides on our warm spring afternoons.
Jack is picking up new words daily. He's been acting like a little parrot and repeating everything we say. Some of his new words are: Drink, Shower, Shoes, Socks, Duck, Puppy, Kitty, c-ya later, keys, phone, thank you, Tigger, Pooh, diaper, ball, balloon, bubble and lots lots lots more. He also says his name. He'll see his picture on the wall, and say "Jack". He's very fun to play with, and still thrives on playing outside.
I've been working TONS! I typically get 50 hours during the week, and at least a few more on Saturdays. Taxes are due in 5 and 1/2 weeks and I couldn't be happier. I forget what it's like to work a "normal" schedule.
Life is good and we're happy. We cherish the time that we're all home together. We love our little man, and are so happy to share our lives with him.

5 comments:

Pyatt said...

Dude--I feel your pain...we have church from 11-2 as well...and it is ROUGH!! the nursery transition in our new ward isn't going so well...needless to say...I'm thinking we should just get called as nursery assistants since that is where we spend our time! He is so grown up...where are you working these days?

Barlow Family said...

My goodness, Jack's so cute! We've heard the story about 911 before...their little hands just hold the phone like that. :) We have 11am church too and I'm sure taking Luke during naptime when he's older will be the pits. Luckily for you, nursery is soon!

Jared & Shannon said...

That is funny about the 911 call! It happens a lot I hear. He is getting so big and he is such a cutie!

Kandace said...

I didn't know you guys were living here. Where abouts?

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

I loved receiving your email and I completely remember you from Jamie's wedding. I enjoying reading your blog as well and would like to add it to my friends list. Your little one is sooooo CUTE!