I figure I better at least attempt to catch up before I forget what has happened in the life of the Parker's lately. Most tragically, our hard drive took a dive about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and it is still sitting in the computer desk waiting to see if anything can be rescued. I think we talked about getting an external hard drive at least a hundred times, and never did it. Now I just hope we can rescue all of our pictures. I work with some computer geniuses, so we'll see what magic they can do.
We got the wonderful news this week that Bryan got promoted to a customer service manager at work. Any step forward is a good step at this point. He's ready to show them what a great manager he can be, and hopefully this is the first of many steps up the corporate ladder.
My 20th class reunion was this past weekend, and it was a BLAST!!!!! We had a class members only BBQ on Friday night. What a genius idea - to be able to catch up and socialize without worrying about kids or significant others. We also built a float for the Peach Days Parade on Saturday. We had such a good time throwing out candy and seeing lots of friends. Saturday afternoon was spent at the pool with our entire families. It was fun to see all the kids. Saturday night we had a couples dinner at the school. It's our last reunion at the school we all grew up with. It will be torn down by our 25th reunion, so we walked the halls and relived fond memories. Seriously....I don't know how many others feel this way, but I really believe we had the BEST class. Time has only made everything better. Great job HHS class of '89! Can't wait to see y'all in 5 more years!
Our little Jackson has been getting cuter and cuter by the day. It has been so fun to watch him learn and grow. He's getting all his songs down, and loves the ones with actions most. We spent hours yesterday singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider, Once I was a Snowman, and Three little ducks went out to Play. He is becoming more opinionated about everything and wants to "choose". We have to lay out everything from DVD's, to clothes, to food, and let him choose what he wants to do. We had a little scare with him a few weeks ago. He was cleaning out the garage with Bryan and found a spray bottle that had fallen. It was the bug and tar cleaner for the car. He proceeded to point the spray right at his eyes, and pulled the trigger. After a paniced trip to InstaCare, and ton of time in the shower to get the goop out of his eyes, he came through like a tropper. He looked like he had a black eye for a day, but by the next morning, he was his normal little self. Jack has a huge vocabulary, and we're trying to teach him more all the time. We're working on counting (in the right order), and colors. Right now, he usually counts everything as "two, nine", and most colors are "green, purple". Jack has a tendency to get himself "stuck" a lot. We'll hear a little voice saying, "stuck, stuck". Bryan went into his room yesterday to see him trying to climb into his crib. He got up on the matress, and that's when his legs slipped through the slats, and he was hanging on for dear life. He also discovered how much he liked mud yesterday. When I got to grandma's to pick him up, he was "helping" grandma clean up outside. He learned that he loved how mud felt between his toes, and that mud gets slippery when it's really wet. We just took off his clothes, and let him go.
I swear I have lots of pictures to share of all of our fun happenings, just as soon a we have a computer again. In the meantime, use your imaginations. :)
1 comment:
My hard drive crashed too and I have tried lots of places that can't do anything! All of my pictures from the last 3 years are gone. They told me it will cost anywhere from $1800 to $4000 to try and get them off. I hope you have better luck than I did!
Post a Comment